Solution Finder Get Tech Support

INN3366C safety approvals

Posted by: ex on

I'm looking for the UL1577 and TUV (EN60950 and EN62368) safety approvals for product certification. Where to find it?

Comments

Submitted by ex on 08/23/2023

In the UL-database E358471 the IC only provides single protection but the datasheet specified reinforced insulation. Therefore, I need your support and any documents you can provide me to support our certification process. 

Submitted by PI-Kazuya on 08/24/2023

Hi ex,

We have Single Protection only in UL1577 certification. No one goes for Double Protection as it comes from old CSA standard.

Double Protection and Double Insulation are completely different. 

Double Insulation complies of Basic Insulation + Supplementary insulation. Thus, two physical different layers of insulation.

A Double insulation is considered the equivalent to Reinforced insulation in the IEC world. This has nothing to do with Double Protection in UL1577.

UL1577 does not have the option for Reinforced insulation, and it is really the IEC/EN 60950 or IEC/EN 62368-1 certifications that is the basis for Reinforced insulation.

INN3366C device has been tested certified with Reinforced insulation according to IEC 62368-1. Please see attachment screenshot from TUV Rheinland files where we obtained the EN/IEC certifications for supporting documents.

I hope it helps.

Regards,

Kazuya