解决方案搜寻 技术支持

Inno3Pro / I2C : Read back PI_COMMAND registers, Read back multiple telemetry registers

Posted by: marco123 on

Hello,

i have two questions regarding I2C communication with Inno3Pro.

1. ) Read back PI_COMMAND registers

It tried to readback PI_COMMAND registers (e.g. 0x10 - CV) without success so far.

Datasheet and innoswitch3-pro-mcu-library only cover readback of telemetry registers (READ10-READ15). There is no example with an I2C transmission diagram for reading back PI_COMMAND registers, although the registers are marked as W/R-Byte or W/R-Word respectively.

Is there a I2C transmission diagram for these, or is it not possible to read them back?

2.) Read back multiple telemetry registers

Reading back telemetry registers allows me to set a start and end register address in the write part of the transmission. How does the read part look like if start and end address differs. Do I just have to read back the number of registers times 2 bytes in one chunk with 2 bytes for each register?

Regards, Marco

评论

Submitted by marco123 on 02/23/2023

Hello,

@ 1.) Read back PI_COMMAND registers

just recognized that most (if not all) registers and flags are mirrored into the telemetry data area.

So this question also disolves in thin air.

Regards, Marco

Submitted by PI-Sky on 03/09/2023

Hi Marco,

Sorry for getting to this late. You can send multiple read-backs depending on the number of registers you indicated between the start and end register.

For example:

If the start register is 0x04 (READ2) and the end register is 0x08 (READ4). You would need three read-backs for 0x04, 0x06, and 0x08.

Regards,

PI-Sky