解决方案查找器 技術支援

1SP0335 Gate driver Fault signal interpretation

Posted by: TK Kim on

Hello,

I'm building a 36-parallel operating H-bridge current control system up to 20 kA with 1SP0335 Master, Slave gate drivers.

As I test this system, I met some kind of fault signals from the gate drivers which have different lengths.

But Vce is not over the limit on the datasheet and IGBTs and gate drivers operate normally even after the fault signals.

I checked the fault signal reasons noted on the datasheet and user manual. But the reason of the signal is still unknown.

I wanna ask you to explain the conditions of fault signals using C, G, E voltage in both the Master and Slave drivers.

Best regards.

回應

Submitted by PI-IWH on 05/20/2023

Dear Tim

Here is a briefing for you.

for the 1SP0335 family, you can have following feedback signal, depending on light OFF length, 

- acknowledgement pulse feedback, in normal operation, , length is about 700ns

- short-circuit feedback, short-circuit fault feedback, length is about 9us

- UVLO feedback, secondary side undervoltage lockout feedback, length is random , depending on how long the undervoltage was.

- Gate monitoring fault feedback, 

PMM OFF to ON failure: after a filter time  Ta, optical will have about 1us OFF time as failure indication 

PWM ON to OFF failure : after a filter time Tb,  optical will random lenght, depending on h how long the failure is .

the filter times are different for OFF to NO and NO to OFF case.

If need more support , please contact igbt-driver.support@power.com

Gate Driver Support