솔루션 찾기 기술 지원

Power Integrations strangely uncompetitive?

Posted by: treez on

Hi,

The PI product range is very very good....the only reason your sales arent massively higher is because most in the west get SMPS designed in the Far East.......and in the Far East they tend to avoid PI chips....and would just copy them anyway.

So why is not Power Integrations not heading up the campaign to outlaw the purchasing of large volumes of SMPS from the Far East?

Its been looked at...and stopping buying SMPS from the Far east, in reality , would not actually make the West any poorer....in fact the opposite.

Obviously, the individual  western middle men who buy in these SMPS will get poorer, but thats all.

The lack of a serious SMPS industry in the west , brings down the rest of electronics in the west...and look, in a technical war in Ukraine, the West is unable to  kick the Russians out of ukraine, as our electronics manufacture and design capability is simply not good enough.

PI should get on to the politicians about this...why doesnt it?

BTW, i am not against the Chinese, they are perfectly honorable people........if anything, i am against the law which allows the western middle men to profit so massively from their middle man import activity which is so highly damaging to the western world.

Surely you can see that crushing the SMPS sector actually has the effect of detrimenting all other western electronics sectors?

Its not PI's fault of course, but you have "big" people that politicians will listen to....they wont listen to the likes of me.