解决方案搜寻 技术支持

Low Input Voltage Operation using InnoSwitch3-EP

Posted by: Shahil Din on

I'm encountering a design issue with my switch-mode power supply  that utilizes the InnoSwitch3-EP (INN3678C). The SMPS powers up and outputs the required V when the input voltage is  133VAC or higher, under full load conditions (drawing 3A), but I'm facing problems when trying to achieve reliable operation within a lower input voltage range of 85VAC to 110VAC at full load. 

When I change the input to a lower voltage e.g 100VAC it does not power up.  Note: The input type was selected as Universal in the PI Expert. 

Things I have tried.

• Tried different combination of undervoltage sense resistor, still no result the minimum stayed around 130VAC.
  • Shorted the undervoltage pin to source so it disables it. The minimum input AC at full load 3A was 150VAC.
  • Measured across C8 on the primary bias and I can see it was fluctuating until the input AC reached ~130VAC. Then It was 15V

Any insights, suggestions, or advice related to this  would be greatly appreciated.

Files

Attachment 大小
SV1-SMPS,12V, 3.0A, Schematic_0.pdf 252.3 KB

评论

Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 09/13/2023

Hi,

Can you share the PIexpert or PIxls file that you used?

Regards,

Jedidiah

Submitted by Shahil Din on 09/13/2023

Hi, 

I have added the file as requested.

Attachment 大小
12V,3A.uds 533 KB
Submitted by PI-Jedidiah on 09/18/2023

Hi,

Can you try to measure that switching waveform across Drain to Source of InnoSwitch? Also, can you share other waveforms that you took during low input voltage problem?

Regards,

Jedidiah