解决方案搜寻 技术支持

2SC0106T "response time" too long

Posted by: Marc on

Hello,

i tried to set the "response time" Tax according to the manual page 13 to the minimum with 100pF and 24kOhm. I got ~6 to 7 us "response time" for the Vcesat desaturation detection (with sense diodes). I used the application proposal Fig. 8 (also on page 13 - without Zener diode).
I also tried Rax = 10kOhm which lead to failure.
I assume 10k is loading the synthesized VE potential too much so that it fails. (Right?)

As the allowed short circuit time of the IGBT modules i am using is 8us, 6-7+ us is too close to the limit and i would like to set the response time to a shorter time of ~4us.

The problem with lower than recommended Rax is failure, what is the problem with lower than recommended Cax = 100pF?

Do lower Cax values just increase variation of results or will they also lead to failure?

Is there a solution to achieve "response time"s less than 6us?

best regards,

Marc

评论

Submitted by PI-IWH on 11/30/2023

Dear Marc
PI gate driver can offer a solution of "less than 2us short-circuit protection". However, it will be complicated to do it with Core design.
Would you mind to let me know your system-level design target? We could offer you a ready-made product to reduce your board-level effort.
Thanks