解决方案搜寻 技术支持

Substitute transformer parts recommendations for T4 in reference design DER-901

Posted by: ForceTronics on

Hello,

I am working on a design based off of the awesome reference design document with document code DER-901 (title: "125 W 2-Stage Boost and Isolated Flyback Dimmable LED Ballast Using HiperPFSTM-4PFS7628C and LYTSwitchTM-6 GaN-based LYT6070C"). I am having trouble finding the recommend core type for T4 (page 26). In the BOM you list a core type for T4 as "EQ30 PC95" and the one you use is from Ferroxcude. But I do not see any core type or material with the "PC95" type. I do see a core part number EQ30-3C95 from Ferroxcube with core type EQ and material 3C95, is this equivalent to the "EQ30 PC95" recommended in the reference design document? Most of my power electronics experience is with DC non-isolated applications so transformer specs are new to me so assume you are talking to someone who has only basic knowledge of transformers.

Also if you could recommend a bobbin part number to go with the core, that would be great.

Thanks in advance for any help, it is much appreciated

评论

Submitted by PI-Wrench on 12/14/2023

You need to be reaching out to the various distributors for magnetic materials. A couple of suggestions are Allstar Magnetics and Elna Magnetics. They may be able to supply a compatible bobbin for the EQ30 core. The bobbin style for the EQ30 core is vertical orientation with 10 pins (5/5), phenolic resin material. The PQ26/25 cores and bobbins can be purchased from Digi-Key.
If you are actually contemplating manufacturing this design in volume, you will also need to cultivate a relationship with a magnetics house that is capable of operations like gapping the ferrite cores and winding the transformers.